- The school is proud of sending more than 800 boys to NDA over the past five decades. Besides this, an equal number of boys have also joined as officers in Armed Forces through direct recruitment. The school is also privileged to have many IAS officers, IPS officers, Doctors, Engineers, Judges, Lawyers and Managers as its alumni.
- Annexed Raksha Mantri Trophy in 1966, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1990, 1995, 2000,2014 and 2016 (NineTimes).
- Dr NC Upadhyaya, Senior Master awarded National Award in 1989.
- Late Smt Usha Kiran Bakshi, Asstt Master (English) awarded National Award in 2006.
- BN Jha, Mathematics teacher, Sainik School Kunjpura, with 30 years long selfless service to the school and society at large has been awarded the National Best Teacher Award for the year 2014 by the President of India, Sh Pranab Mukarjee at Vigyan Bhawan New Delhi on 05 Sep 2015.
The boys of the school have maintained an excellent record of performance in the field of sports at Inter Public School, State and National levels meets. Our boys have also brought laurels to the Institution in Swimming, Football, Hockey and Athletics. School Captain, Sant Kumar represented India in the 1980 Olympics held at Moscow.
Moscow Olympics :
Col Sant Kumar is one such athlete who has carved a niche for himself in the field of athletics. He participated in the Moscow Olympics in 1980.
→ 50 cadets of all Sainik Schools participated in the All India Sainik Schools Mountaineering Expedition-2018 from 27 May to 14 Jun 2018. This year the expedition was special as it was planned as per Sainik School Society guidelines under Government initiative ‘Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat’.The expedition to scale LADAKHI PEAK situated at an altitude of 5342 mtrs in Manali region of Himachal Pardesh. The expedition was headed by Lt Col Col Astha Kotnala, Vice Principal of the school. The expedition was flagged off by Hon’ble Gov of Haryana, HE Sh Kaptan Singh Solanki on 27 May 2018 from Raj Bhawan Chandigarh. The team successfully scaled the peak on 07 June 2018. The expedition was flagged in by Dr Aditya Dahiya, IPS DC Karnal on 14 June 2018.
ALL INDIA SAINIK SCHOOLS MOUNTAINEERING EXPEDITION
A Mountaineering expedition to Norbu Peak 17,145 Ft in Manali region of Himachal Pradesh was conducted by Sainik Schools Society, Ministry of Defence under the guidance of Col VD Chandola, Principal Sainik School Kunjpura. Aim of the expedition was to provide an opportunity to the students from different states to develop the spirit of team work by facing the challenges of the expedition.
In all, 47 cadets from 23 Sainik Schools spread over all states of India participated in the expedition to scale NORBU PEAK 17,145 Ft in Manali region of Himachal Pradesh from 20 June to 09 July 2019. The expedition was flagged off by Mr AK Singh, IAS Joint Secretary (Trg/BR) & CVO, Ministry of Defence on 20 June 2019.
On 03 July 2019, the team successfully climbed the summit of Norbu Peak (17145 Ft). The life enriching experiences which the cadets of Pan- India had during the entire expedition will help them go a long way in their lives. The expedition culminated with flag-in by Mrs Renu Bala Gupta, Mayor, Municipal Corporation, Karnal on 09 July 2019.